CMA | Certified Management Accountancy
CMAs bring strategic thinking, applied work experience, and the ability to convert data into dialogue. For or more than 45 years, the CMA®(Certified Management Accountant) certification has been the global benchmark for management accountants and financial professionals.
EligibilityGraduation / Masters / Professional Qualifications.
- CMAs can explain the "why" behind numbers, not just the "what".
- Greater credibility, higher earning potential, and ultimately a seat at the leadership table.
- Economical and faster certification
- Higher earning potential
- Global reach in 140 countries, and more than 300 professional and student chapters
- 100,000+ members around the globe
This highly regarded program is specifically designed to measure expertise in the practice areas most critical to accountants and financial professionals working in businesses and organizations include following areas under respective parts of the certification
CMA PART - I (Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance, and Control)
- External Financial Reporting Decisions
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Performance Management
- Cost Management
- Internal Controls
CMA PART - II (Financial Decision Making)
- Financial Decision Making
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Decision Analysis
- Risk Management
- Internal Controls
- Investment Decisions
- Professional Ethics
Flexible Exam Preparation
IMA and other course providers offer qualified candidates a range of flexible exam study options (self-study, live, and online instruction) to make preparing to earn your CMA as convenient as possible.
Convenient Exam Scheduling
The CMA's two exam parts are administered in a user-friendly computer-based testing format at exam centers in hundreds of cities worldwide.
IMA’s mission is to provide a forum for research, practice development, education, knowledge sharing, and the advocacy of the highest ethical and best business practices in management accounting and finance.
We do this by:
- offering a rigorous, highly respected credential—the CMA—that recognizes and rewards expertise
- Building a peer network of professional relationships to share industry experience, access career opportunities, and make business contacts to last a lifetime
- Providing extensive education programs to advance professional knowledge, increase leadership potential, and satisfy CPE requirements
- Giving a voice to the profession with insightful and timely journals and newsletters
- Promoting leading-edge research and industry best practices
- Advocating for the profession in a challenging regulatory environment
IMA currently represents more than 60,000 accountants and financial professionals in business. The participation of each of our members makes the success of our mission possible.
IMA is your one-stop source for professional development and career enhancement – giving you access to the tools, information, and peer networks you need to drive your professional potential.
If you are already on a career path as an accountant or financial manager in business, IMA can provide leading-edge resources to help you stand out in the crowd, broaden your knowledge base, sharpen your skills, and become a true strategic partner in your organization. At $220 membership and a one-time application fee of $15, is a modest investment in your career potential. The benefits of a Professional membership are available worldwide.
IMA can help open the door to a dynamic career. As an IMA Student member, you can learn about the role of accountants and financial managers in business and explore your career options. IMA offers Student Members access to many of the benefits of regular Professional Members at a significantly reduced rate of $39. The benefits of a Student membership are available worldwide.
IMA provides special tools and resources for the professionals who are developing the industry’s future leaders. Academic members have access to our ethics curriculum, case studies, webinars, research grants, mentor program, and many other teaching resources. Dues are discounted at $110 membership and a one-time application fee of $15, for full-time faculty members of accredited institutions. The benefits of an Academic membership are available worldwide.
Staff Enrollment Discount Program
From certification and continuing education to networking and proprietary research, IMA provides leading-edge resources to help your organization excel. Our Staff Enrollment Program offers discounts of up to 15% off the regular member rate—depending on the size of your staff.